Progress (Progress #1) by Amalie Silver

                                                               Description:
Jesse

I admit, I didn’t think much of Charlie at first. She was rounder than the girls who usually caught my eye. Not my type. But when I saw her sitting in that booth alone, for the first time something in my mind or my instincts or my heart told me to join her.

She defied me.
She challenged me.
She gave me hope.
Before I knew it, moving forward was my only option.


Charlie

I couldn’t tell you when it happened, but it had to have been a gradual change; I never moved too quickly.

If someone would have told me earlier that year what I was going to go through, I wouldn't have believed them.

Jesse was so different from anyone I’d met before. And everyone I’ve met since. He sucked all the life out of me, in the best—and worst—ways.

We don’t get strong overnight. For most of us it takes time. Strength isn’t measured by how high and fast our walls go up, but how easily we can watch them fall.



                                                             My opinion:
Charlie was a plus size girl and was working as a hostess in a restaurant. One day there she met one of her co-workers, Jesse. It was the first time in her life she felt so smitten by a man.  Charlie has been bullied her whole life about the way she looked, so when the mysterious Jesse asked her out she was very skeptical. The date was a disaster, he was throwing one insult after the other. Even though he was so mean to her she still couldn't stay away from him, there was something in him that intrigued her. One of his comments made her start losing weight. This whole situation started to messing with her head, so she went a little trip with her friends. Jesse went there to apologise and thank her for everything she had done for him. She felt good with him when he was acting nice. Jesse soon realised that he needed to be close to her, she made him feel better, he even started changing because of her. He was trying so hard to fight his illness. He admired her for all her goodness and the love she had for everyone. After almost six months he was finally ready to talk to her, tell her about his feelings but it was too late. She was moving on. It's been a year, his love for her grew so much he couldn't stay away from her anymore. But in this year Charlie changed more than he had, she finally was at the point where she loved and wanted the best for herself. Too bad he wasn't ready to give her what she needed.


Are you really this much of a prick, or am I just lucky? 


One of the most emotionally intense stories i have ever read. Two young people with different problems but with almost the same results. Jesse is bipolar, because of that he can't have a normal relationship or even friendship and couldn't even keep a job for a long time. Charlie was an overweight girl since she was young and was bullied her whole life. That made her very introvert and couldn't go out and enjoy herself. They had a weird connection from the very early days but they didn't understand why. Both had positive influence to each other. The story is concentrated on the two main characters, their problems and on their journey to change their life.

 You can buy it on Amazon:
                                      Progress

Δημοσίευση σχολίου

0 Σχόλια