The Boy Next Door (Off-Limits Romance #2) by Ella James




                                                               Description:
 The boy next door. That’s what he was. Dash Frasier—my hero from the day we met, when I was six and he was nine. His sister was my best friend, the three of us one happy crew. Then one sweaty summer night changed everything. 

No one understood me like Dash. No one made me feel so loved. That’s why, when he skipped town, it wrecked me.

Now I’m older. Wiser. I’ve just snagged my dream job, writing at a film studio. The lead animator on my project? You guessed it.

He’s not the boy next door. Not anymore.

I’m guarding my heart this time. 

But Dash has secrets that could break us both.


                                                            My opinion:
 When Amelia was six years old, she lost her mom and her dad decided it was time for them to move. They went to a different area and she met two new kids, Dash and Alexia. They became instantly friends and eventually she developed a crush on the boy. Over the years they all changed and they grew apart.
A year after Dash went to college he came back and they spent an amazing night together but he left abruptly. A few years later: Amelia was going to work as an intern, she was a writer now, and that's how she saw him again. They both were affected by each other's presence but they tried to hide it. She didn't want to work with him but at the same time, she needed to find some answers. She still cared too much and was attracted to him, at the same time she wanted to hurt him as well. The more they both tried to stay away from the more they ended up doing crazy things that ended up hurting her. They came closer again, their feelings for each other were more obvious. She decided it was time to forget the past and move on. It was hard for her but she managed to do it when she found out the truth. In the end, Amelia was truly happy for the first time in her whole life.




It's a very dramatic romance story with the most beautiful happy ending. During the whole storyline, the number one emotion is sadness since one tragedy follows another. There is this one big secret throughout the story that is being revealed at the very end. There are a few erotic/fun scenes in the second half of the book. I was so conflicted about the characters, I couldn't decide if I liked them or not. Dash is Mr secretive fucked up mysterious. From a young age, he appeared as a very tortured kid that hadn't changed much. Amelia was the innocent loving girl who achieved her dreams. The one negative thing was that regarding Dash, she was gluton for punishment even though she knew that being near him was tearing her apart she just kept going back for more. It was like the moth with the flame.
Based on the concept of the book, I think that it turned out to be great. In the right moments it gives you what you least expect, big surprises. I would give it almost 4 out of 5 stars because of the evolution of the story and the very surprising ending.


  

Δημοσίευση σχολίου

0 Σχόλια