Review: Bullied, Pained, Damaged (Bullied series 1-3) by Vera Micic

                                                                  Description:
I've always been bullied and trapped in darkness. I thought life would get better when I moved to my mother's hometown, but it only got worse because that was when I met my unrequited crush. Hayden Black. 

Hayden despised me from day one, his bullying reaching a new level when I became best friends with Kayden, his twin. Kayden gave light to my life, but the short-lived happiness with him lasted only until one night two years ago. That night Kayden died saving me.

After that, I started living in a nightmare because the whole school blamed me for his death, starting from Kayden’s girlfriend and Hayden.

Now I have to endure one more year before I can finally escape Hayden and my bullies and go to college. This year has to be different. 

Either I'll become stronger or I’ll finally be broken into nothing.


                                                                      Description:
Two months ago, I pushed my long-time bully, Hayden Black, away. It didn’t matter that he loved me and wanted to be with me. All I needed was my life free from him, but I couldn’t know that moving on and forgetting about him would be next to impossible.

Hayden almost died saving me from getting killed that night two months ago. The half of me wants to forgive him for everything he’s done and give him another chance. The other half prevents me to do that, distrusting him and ignoring my heart’s desires. Hayden is dark and dangerous, but as the days pass by, he is more distant, ignoring me whenever our paths cross.

I have less than a year before I go to college and away from Hayden. I have to believe I’ll get over him and move on with my life. I have to believe in my future without him.
Unless he didn’t really move on and our masks are about to fall.


                                                                   Description:
Ten days have passed since the day Hayden got into an accident and went into a coma. Ten long days of hoping for a miracle to save him and bring him back to me.

Hayden almost died when a car hit him. The half of me was conquered by despair and sorrow. The other half was permeated with hope, for only hope and faith in Hayden could help him survive and recover. Hayden is dark, pained, and damaged, but I’m determined to fight for him despite the hurdles on our way.

I have to believe that when he wakes up, there won’t be serious consequences. I have to believe that we will overcome all obstacles and become stronger together.

After all, we are both damaged and each other’s salvation.

                                               My opinion on all the books:
First, I want to start by saying that the author has amazing writing skills. The scenes were so vivid it made you feel that you were there and experienced everything firsthand. Secondly, in dark romance stories, it's rare the combination of the emotional dark parts with the romantic and funny ones, but in this book, there is a balance between them. What I also liked was that the description of each book gives a lot of information about the storyline. 

Now about the book: it's a dark romance, very emotional, dramatic but also romantic and funny. The characters are very interesting, they have many similarities but also differences. Sarah at first appeared as a shy weak girl, but later on, she transformed into a strong independent woman who helped those in need. Hayden was a troubled boy with a disorder which made his life hell. At first, he appeared as a bad bully with no feelings but soon we saw his other side, which was a boy who cared about his close friends and he just wanted to be loved. 

My favorite part of the series was the good times between Sarah and Hayden, especially when he was playful. I enjoyed reading this books a lot ( i was so sad when I realized there weren't any other chapters left), and I will rate them with 5 bright stars.


PS. If you are triggered by bullying scenes it's not the book for you.


You can find them on Wattpad:
BulliedPainedDamaged

Δημοσίευση σχολίου

0 Σχόλια