Tour Packet: Magic Man by Ashley Hastings


Magic Man

by Ashley Hastings Publication Date: September 10, 2018 Genres: Adult, Contemporary, Romance
Read for Free in KindleUnlimited: Amazon
Trauma. Two broken souls. And a chance at love they didn’t see coming. Millie is a single mom who doesn’t have the time – or the trust – to date. After experiencing a violent assault as a teen, she’s determined to move on and stay focused on what’s important. But when she meets the mysterious Maxwell, Millie starts to rethink her priorities. Maxwell is her enigmatic boss who always seems to know exactly what Millie’s thinking. No stranger to trauma himself, he’s spent his entire life alone. Until he meets his new employee, Millie. With one look, Maxwell knows she and her daughter are his one chance at happiness. Driven and determined, he wants to give Millie everything she ever wanted, along with the love she didn’t know she needed. Millie will have to choose between the safe world she has created and the chance to build a new life with the man of her dreams. But can she trust Maxwell with her heart or is he running a scam? Can two individuals overcome their traumatic pasts and find love? Don’t miss Magic Man by Ashley Hastings. If you like steamy romance with a dash of darkness, then this book will have you staying up late to finish reading Maxwell and Millie’s love story.

Excerpt:
Somehow I hurried and put my clothing back on without ever meeting Maxwell’s eyes. He tried to speak, but I rushed up the stairs and back out into the rain. The roaring was long gone, although there was a similar sound pulsing in my ears. I think it was called dismay and embarrassment, but I’m not sure.
The rain was no longer coming down in buckets. Instead, it fell quietly onto the roof of the car, and I tried to focus on its soothing tones while I fastened my seatbelt.
Maxwell wrenched open the driver’s door and sat down in the car. He made no move to start the engine, just remained seated in perfect quiet.
Finally, I lifted my chin and met his eyes with a touch of defiance in my own. What I saw in his stunned me.
Was that tenderness?
“Millicent.” Maxwell’s voice was scratchy as if he hadn’t used it in hours. He cleared his throat before continuing. “Talk to me.”
“You are my boss, and you are old.” Okay, that last part was a definite exaggeration, but still. I needed to make a point or two before another day passed. “Whatever happened back there, it cannot happen again. I need this job. I will be damn good at this job, and I can’t let this weird shit become a problem for me. Got it?”
Maxwell’s lips twisted with a touch of amusement. “Got it. You don’t want a relationship with your boss to result in you feeling uncomfortable on the job. That’s perfectly reasonable, and I can promise you, that whatever “weird shit” goes down between us, it won’t affect your job.” He turned in his seat with a hint of impatience. “I’m a man of my word. No matter what happens with us, your job is safe.”
I said nothing.
Maxwell pinched the bridge of his nose. “Look, I get it. Men have been preying on women in the workforce for years, and you are in a difficult position. You are a single mom who is set on providing for her daughter, not looking for a roll in the hay, if you’ll pardon the pun. I respect your position.” He looked me straight in the eyes. “Well, I actually have more to lose here than you do.”
I rolled my eyes in disbelief, but I still refused to speak.
“I do have more to lose. If something goes wrong with your employment, you have a perfect sexual harassment case against me. Down there on that hay bale? I put a big bow on your case against me.” Maxwell raised an eyebrow, daring me to disagree with his bold statement.
I gaped at him. I hadn’t thought about it like that.
“If Nathan knew what has already taken place between us, he would have me by the balls.” Maxwell smiled at my stunned face, and I could tell he wasn’t afraid of his boss.
He wasn’t done. “I am old, I guess, in comparison to you. But give me a few hours in your bed, baby, and I’ll show you old.”
With that, Maxwell started the engine and turned the car around. We headed back down the bumpy gravel road, and I tried to think of what to say next.
I had nothing.
Maxwell shot me a sideways look. “I’m going to see Nathan, and I’m going to tell him how much I fucking want you. He’s going to rage, and then he’s going to come to see you. You have all the power, Millicent. I can’t wait to see what you do with it.”


About Ashley Hastings

Ashley Hastings lives with a menagerie of animals, and one day aspires to be a crazy, old cat lady. She has a starter set of three cats right now. Ashley likes to take long walks each day while she dreams about what her characters will do in the future, and is already hard at work on her next novel.

Δημοσίευση σχολίου

0 Σχόλια