Review: Cocksure (Cochrans of Cocker County #1) by Shiloh Walker

                                                                  Description:
Sabrina

He's the cockiest bastard I've ever met and I mean that with all the affection and adoration in the world. I've been in love with him for years, and not just because of those intense blue eyes or that slow smug smile that promises to make all your dreams come true. I've seen what lies under that smile and his cocksure attitude. It's enough to make me melt.

Not that I'd ever let him know. Not only is Luke Cochran one of Hollywood's up-and-coming movie stars...he's also my boss. I'm his personal assistant and have seen all the women who come and go in his life.

I don't even hold a candle. But a girl can dream...right?

Luke

Sabrina is one of the sharpest, funniest, kindest people I've ever met. Sometimes, I think I'm taking advantage of her, but I seriously cannot cope with my hectic lifestyle without her to keep me on track.

Of course, my life just got totally knocked off track. One of my sisters called. They need me back home. My mother is sick and the last thing I can think about is the promotional tour I've got coming up.

Sabrina's coming with me. She's the only person who can keep me focused and centered in a time like this. Besides, my family adores her. And it's just a quick visit. My mother is tough. She'll be alright.

But then something happens that knocks me for a loop and when my mother tells me that all she really wants in life is to see her kids happy and settled down, I do the stupidest damn thing ever and announce that Sabrina and I are in love. Now I've just got to convince my best friend to play along with me and act like she's my fiancée and we're stupid in love.

No big deal...right?




                                                              My opinion:

Luke Cochran was a hotshot young movie star with a cocksure attitude who often got into trouble. Sabrina was his assistant for the last five years, she was also in love with him. Luke was lost without her so he often he took her with him everywhere he went. His family adored her and they treated her like their own. At their last visit there Luke had developed a weird obsession over her, which caused him to put both of them in an awkward position. A lie to his sick mother was going to change their lives forever. The positive part of it was that both their fantasies were coming alive. Nothing was going as planned, many obstacles were appearing which drove Luke to make some bad decisions that in the end hurt Sabrina. A little too late he realized that what there was between them was real and he was determined to get the love of his life back.


A scorching hot contemporary romance about a movie star and his assistant. The storyline was amazing and very eventful with fun, steamy and emotional scenes. It has incredible, realistic characters with deep issues and rough upbringings.  Loved the interaction between them in and out of bed. The plot got a little intense towards the end which was unexpected to me. I liked the book a lot but mostly the love scenes. It's well written, easy to follow and keeps you on your toes. Perfect for the adult audience and I will rate it with 5 stars. 


                                You can buy it from Amazon:

                                               Cocksure

Δημοσίευση σχολίου

0 Σχόλια