Review: Hate Notes by Vi Keeland, Penelope Ward

                                                               Description:
It all started with a mysterious blue note sewn into a wedding dress.

Something blue. 

I’d gone to sell my own unworn bridal gown at a vintage clothing store. That’s when I found another bride’s “something old.”

Stitched into the lining of a fabulously feathered design was the loveliest message I’d ever read: Thank you for making all of my dreams come true. 

The name embossed on the blue stationery: Reed Eastwood, obviously the most romantic man who ever lived. I also discovered he’s the most gorgeous. If only my true-love fantasies had stopped there. Because I’ve since found out something else about Mr. Starry-Eyed.

He’s arrogant, cynical, and demanding. I should know. Thanks to a twist of fate, he’s my new boss. But that’s not going to stop me from discovering the story behind his last love letter. A love letter that did not result in a happily ever after.

But that story is nothing compared to the one unfolding between us. It’s getting hotter, sweeter, and more surprising than anything I could have imagined.

Something new. 

But I have no idea how this one is going to end...
 



                                                          My opinion:

Charlotte Darling was brokenhearted by her ex-fiance and jobless. She decided to sell her wedding dress but ended up getting another beautiful dress that contained a love note by Reed Eastwood. She started stalking him online and on a drunken night, she booked an appointment to see a penthouse he was selling. Their first interaction was horrible but she met an amazing woman who offered her a job as an assistant at a property management company. What she didn't expect was for Reed to be one of her bosses. They pissed off each other a lot at the beginning but slowly they managed to have a decent work relationship. Soon they realized that they were falling for each other, and even though Charlotte was brave enough to admit and pursue something more, Reed was pushing her away. He fought hard over his feelings for her but failed. Charlotte was the true love of his life and he hoped that there was still time to fix everything. 


Another great book from Vi Keeland and Penelope Ward. It's funny, romantic, sexy and emotional towards the end. It has everything you need in a romance novel. Amazing choice of characters, all different and each one of them serves a purpose in the story. The plot is magnificent, it has kept a balance between the romance and the emotional part. The erotic parts are limited but quite steamy. My favorite parts were Charlotte's crazy antics. I loved this book and I will rate it with 5 bright stars. 


My favorite lines:
1)How does dog surfing work? Beats the hell out of me.

2)“Maybe Stan can work on getting a sensitivity chip installed into your grandson. He seems to be missing one.”
  I snapped my fingers. “They must have forgotten to put it back in when they installed my bullshit detector.”

3)Great. Manwhore Ken had wasted no time moving in on Nordic Barbie.

4)Well, whaddya know, Mr. Meanie has a chivalrous side. 


                            You can buy it from Amazon:

                                          Hate Notes

Δημοσίευση σχολίου

0 Σχόλια