Review: Egomaniac by Vi Keeland

                                                            Description:
 The night I met Drew Jagger, he’d just broken into my new Park Avenue office. I dialed 9-1-1 before proceeding to attack him with my fancy new Krav Maga skills.  He quickly restrained me, then chuckled, finding my attempted assault amusing. 

Of course, my intruder had to be arrogant. Only, turned out, he wasn’t an intruder at all. 

Drew was the rightful occupant of my new office. He’d been on vacation while his posh space was renovated. Which was how a scammer got away with leasing me office space that wasn’t really available for rent. I was swindled out of ten grand.

The next day, after hours at the police station, Drew took pity on me and made me an offer I couldn’t refuse. In exchange for answering his phones while his secretary was out, he’d let me stay until I found a new place. I probably should have acted grateful and kept my mouth shut when I overheard the advice he was spewing to his clients. But I couldn’t help giving him a piece of my mind. I never expected my body to react every time we argued. Especially when that was all we seemed to be able to do.

The two of us were complete opposites. Drew was a bitter, angry, gorgeous-as-all-hell destroyer of relationships. And my job was to help people save their marriages. The only thing the two of us had in common was the space we were sharing. And an attraction that was getting harder to deny by the day.



                                                     My opinion:
 Drew M. Jagger was an attorney in Manhattan. He was on vacation while his office was being remodeled and when he came back he was in for a big surprise. Emerie Rose was a psychologist who had recently moved to New York and because of Drew she had found out that she had been scammed out of her life savings. Emerie's body was exactly the type that turned on Drew but what had kept his attention was her feisty personality. That killing combination was the reason that he offered her to use his office until she found something else. The more time they spent together the more the attraction between them was growing. One night they decided to give in to the temptation and for a while, everything was perfect between them. That changed when his ex-wife
got greedy and started playing with his life. Between his fear of relationships and the new events Drew was so lost he took some quick decisions that would change his life forever...



 Egomaniac is a flirty, fun, and sexy story with some smart ass lines. It is written in dual POV in the present form with a few glimpses of the past. The plot is entertaining and captivating, with many good hilarious dialogs. The characters are simply amazing and quite different from each other. Drew was an egomaniac, handsome, jerk (most of the time) but also very loving and protective. Emerie was a beautiful woman inside and out, very kind and thoughtful. They have such great chemistry. I loved this book, it can literally make your day no matter how shitty it has been. I highly recommend it and I will rate it with 5/5 stars.

 My favorite lines:
1)"Robbery?"...“What exactly am I stealing? Your winning personality?”

2)“You’re an ass, you know that?”
“Then I must be a great ass. Because it takes one to know one.”
 

3)Damn straight. I’m like a superhero. The Prolactinator.”

4)How do I apply for the job?”
“The job?” She actually seemed confused. I thought I was pretty damn clear.
“Of sexual partner. I think we should have sex.”

5)“I could evict you.”
“Then I’d definitely want to have sex with you. Because nothing puts me in the mood like being tossed out on the street,” I teased.




Δημοσίευση σχολίου

0 Σχόλια