Review: Star-Crossed Assistant by Sarah Deeham


 Description:
I. Quit.

I dream of uttering those two little words. Because after years as movie star Sebastian Blake’s personal assistant, I’ve had enough. My infuriating, impossible, and ridiculously hot boss may pay well, but it’s hard to have a life when I’m at his beck and call twenty-four seven.

It’s time to forget any inconvenient feelings I once had for him and go after my own dreams. I figure Sebastian won’t care. Except, he’s not letting me leave so easily. And I somehow go from personal assistant to fake fiancee — and sharing a bed with my boss.

I need her. Nobody else.

Emma’s my sounding board. My conscience. My right hand. Sure, she’s a sarcastic pain in my ass, but she makes my chaotic life run smoothly. So when she suddenly quits, I refuse to take no for an answer and use her two-weeks’ notice to convince her to stay.

Except…. She’s not cooperating. And when she suddenly ends up in the hospital, everything changes. I’ll do whatever it takes to care for the one woman whose job it always was to take care of me. Even if that means being fake-engaged. And not giving into temptation...

My opinion:

Star-Crossed Assistant by Sarah Deeham is the fifth book in the Falling for Famous series.

Sebastian Blake is a movie star, and Emma Reynolds has been his assistant for the past seven years. Her life basically revolves around him and his nonstop chaos, and honestly… she’s just had enough of his crazy antics. Lately she’s been talking with her sister about starting their own business, and that idea keeps growing on her.

So one day, after one stunt too many, she finally quits.

Sebastian can’t accept it at all because he doesn’t really know how to function without her in his life. At first, he tries everything to get her back as his assistant. But then he starts to see how happy her new job makes her, and how much she’s glowing. That’s when he changes his approach… instead of being her boss again, he decides he wants to be something else in her life. Her boyfriend.

This is a slow burn celebrity romance with tropes like forced proximity, opposites attract, and he falls first. It’s such a fun read, with a good balance of humor and some steamy moments. Both characters felt really likable to me, with flaws and personal struggles that made them feel more real.

Their banter was definitely my favorite part, and the vulnerable moments between them were so soft and heartwarming. I honestly had a hard time putting it down.

Five out of five stars for me!!!

Δημοσίευση σχολίου

0 Σχόλια