Description:
Nico
There’s no reason for the sharp pain in my chest each time Charlene's sad brown eyes meet mine. It doesn’t matter if she’s sad. We all are. I got her here safely, and I will keep her alive. I’ll make sure she's protected. But come tomorrow, I’ll be far the hell away from this woman who has somehow managed to stir up emotions I didn’t even realize I was capable of experiencing.
Charlene
I remain frozen in place, staring at the lifeless body of the person who once again tried to take me. The lifeless body of a man who will never hurt anyone again.
I look up at Nico, wide-eyed. Not from fear. But gratitude. Relief. Tears sting my eyes, and I want to explain, but I can’t find the words to speak. I fall into his arms when he pulls me into an embrace, and we stay like that for several minutes. Or hours. I have no idea how much time passes before I try again to find the right words.
There’s no reason for the sharp pain in my chest each time Charlene's sad brown eyes meet mine. It doesn’t matter if she’s sad. We all are. I got her here safely, and I will keep her alive. I’ll make sure she's protected. But come tomorrow, I’ll be far the hell away from this woman who has somehow managed to stir up emotions I didn’t even realize I was capable of experiencing.
Charlene
I remain frozen in place, staring at the lifeless body of the person who once again tried to take me. The lifeless body of a man who will never hurt anyone again.
I look up at Nico, wide-eyed. Not from fear. But gratitude. Relief. Tears sting my eyes, and I want to explain, but I can’t find the words to speak. I fall into his arms when he pulls me into an embrace, and we stay like that for several minutes. Or hours. I have no idea how much time passes before I try again to find the right words.
My opinion:
ARC Review
The Hidden Light by Ashley Willow is the second book in The Rossi Family series.
Nico Rossi is the head of the Rossi family, while Charlene Hall is Eve's best friend. When the women realize they're being followed, the men immediately step in and assign protection. It doesn't take long for them to discover who is targeting Charlene, and Nico goes into full protective mode. To keep her safe, he offers her a fake marriage. Charlene agrees, partly because she's already developing feelings for him.
Even though the danger surrounding them is very real, their marriage starts feeling genuine almost from the very beginning. But can Charlene truly trust a man like Nico, and will he be able to protect her from the threats closing in?
I definitely recommend reading the first book before starting this one so you can fully understand the dangerous situation and the characters' backgrounds. This is a great continuation of the series and delivers everything I enjoy in a mafia romance.
The story features some of my favorite tropes, including fake marriage, opposites attract, close proximity, and touch her and die. The mix of romance, attraction, and constant danger kept me turning the pages. I especially loved seeing Nico slowly let his guard down for Charlene and how attentive and protective he became. Charlene also showed incredible growth throughout the story, which made her character even more enjoyable.
The chemistry between them was undeniable, and their intimate moments were incredibly passionate. My favorite scene was their first time together. I also appreciated that their relationship developed naturally. Instead of rushing into declarations of love, they first acknowledged their physical attraction, making their emotional connection feel even more believable.
If you enjoy mafia romances filled with danger, protective heroes, and plenty of chemistry, I definitely recommend adding The Hidden Light to your TBR.

0 Σχόλια