Falling for a Bratva billionaire is the worst idea I've ever had. Moving into his mansion to take care of his daughter was a close second.
Look. I had a plan. A few weeks at Alexei Agapov's place. Just long enough to help Ivy feel safe again. Long enough (I swore) to come to my senses.
Yeah. About that.
Ivy still wakes up some nights, looking for me. The cold, careful man who used to hold me at arm's length is gone. Behind these gates, with the doors locked and the guards posted, everything changes.
The line between us is now paper-thin. He's stopped pretending he doesn't want to cross it.
The worst part? So have I.
The baby in my belly makes me a target, and Alexei knows it. An Agapov heir? That’s the kind of prize his enemies would burn everything to take.
So I tell myself we can keep it a secret. That we still have time.
We don't.
Because the enemy who came for Ivy once is still out there. And they’re far closer than any of us realize.
This time it's not just a struggling animal that needs my help. It's a family of my own.
And that’s what people underestimate about women like us. We don't scare, and we don't quit.
My opinion:
What He Keeps by Kat Steele is the second book in the Silent Sins: Agapov Bratva series.
After the horrifying attack on the rescue center, everyone is left shaken, especially Ivy and Maggie. Alexei is more determined than ever to find out who is behind the attacks and why they're targeting them. While the entire Bratva is searching for answers, Maggie refuses to sit back and do nothing. She returns to the rescue center because she genuinely cares about the animals and the people who work there. As the attacks continue, the stakes keep getting higher, and they have to uncover the truth before something even worse happens.
I definitely recommend reading the first book before starting this one since the story picks up right where it left off.
This sequel has even more suspense and action than the first book. There are still a few funny moments and plenty of chemistry between the characters, but the focus is much more on the danger and the emotional journey. The tension kept me hooked, and I couldn't wait to see how everything would unfold. I also loved seeing the characters grow as they faced one challenge after another.
My favorite scene was Ivy's dance rehearsal. It was such a memorable moment and a nice break from all the intensity.
Overall, I think this was the perfect ending to Alexei and Maggie's story. If you enjoy billionaire Bratva romances filled with suspense, danger, romance, and strong emotional moments, I definitely recommend giving this series a try.

0 Σχόλια