She should have walked away.
It was only a rainy road.
A black car.
A stranger offering her a ride.
Sarah Lowe said no.
She had no idea that the man behind the wheel would soon become impossible to forget.
Robert is older, controlled, confident—and far too mysterious. Every meeting with him feels like another coincidence, until Sarah begins to wonder whether coincidence has anything to do with it at all.
And then she learns who he really is.
Matt’s uncle.
Matt has been part of Sarah’s life for years. Safe. Familiar. Easy to understand.
Robert is none of those things.
With Matt, Sarah knows exactly where she stands.
With Robert, every boundary begins to move.
What starts as curiosity becomes attraction. Attraction becomes secrecy. And the closer Sarah gets to Robert, the more she realizes how little she actually knows about the man she is beginning to trust.
Because Robert has a past.
People he does not want to talk about.
Questions he refuses to answer.
And secrets that do not seem willing to stay buried.
Sarah knows she should be careful.
But knowing when to stop and actually stopping are two very different things.
How far would you go for someone you want—if you were never completely sure who they really were?
Before I Knew His Name is an emotional age-gap love story about forbidden attraction, friendship, secrets, difficult choices, and the dangerous distance between wanting someone and truly knowing them.
My opinion:
ARC Review
Before I Knew His Name by XOXOWriter.
The story is about Sarah Lowe and the unexpected turn her love life takes. On the first day of her summer vacation, she has a very strange meeting with a mysterious stranger. She tries to forget about it and goes out with her best friends to have some fun, but there she meets the man again. Robert turns out to be her friend's uncle.
There is an instant attraction between Sarah and Robert, but Robert is full of mystery. The fact that his nephew also has feelings for Sarah makes everything even more complicated. But the heart wants what the heart wants...
Their relationship puts her friendships to the test. Will Sarah be able to experience her first real love, even when things become complicated?
This was quite an interesting story, focused on feelings, relationships, and the complicated emotions that come with them. I liked the variety of the characters. Sarah was more introverted and serious, Liv was vibrant and loud, Matt was calm, while Robert had that dark and mysterious personality.
One of the main parts of the story was the complicated relationship between Robert and Sarah, with its forbidden feeling, age difference, and emotional baggage. I also liked the other side of the story, which focused on Sarah's friendships and how they dealt with revelations, difficult emotions, and changes in their relationships.
I especially liked Sarah's sarcastic sense of humor, which added some fun moments to the story.
Even though the ending wasn't the happy ending I expected, I actually found it perfect for this particular book. My only issue was with some of the dialogues. At times, they felt a little repetitive, and I would have liked to see more developed conversations instead of mostly short lines.
Overall, this was a good story that I enjoyed reading. It was an interesting look at love, friendship, complicated feelings, and the choices we make when our hearts get involved.

0 Σχόλια