Welcome to Wayward Hollow - Where new beginnings come with an unwanted thrill
When my husband doesn’t show up for one of the biggest nights of my career, I make two life-changing decisions:
File for divorce.
Move to a tiny town called Wayward Hollow for a fresh start.
Honestly? Great plan in theory.
Less great in practice once my dog digs up human bones in the backyard of my very new, and apparently very haunted house.
Now I’m stuck dealing with flickering lights, slamming doors, a town-wide betting pool over the nature of the bones in my backyard, and Erik —the ridiculously handsome sheriff who keeps showing up every time my life spirals into chaos.
Erik is juggling a case that’s haunted him for years and complicated feelings about his family. The more time I spend with him, the bigger the feeling he may be impossible to stay away from.
But between ghost stories, late nights, new friends, autumn festivals, and whatever is definitely haunting my house, Wayward Hollow is starting to feel less like an escape…and more like home.
My opinion:
ARC Review:
A Love Like Candle Light by Hailey Frost is the third book in the Wayward Hollow series.
Kylie was fed up with her husband ignoring her, so she decided to divorce him. After the divorce was finalized, she decided to leave the city and bought a house in Wayward Hollow. Since her job was remote, she wanted a peaceful and quiet life. But her wish wasn't exactly fulfilled. On her first day there, her dog discovered a skeleton in the yard, and later she found out that her house was haunted. Thankfully, she met her kind and fun neighbors, as well as the sheriff, who happened to be quite handsome. Perhaps moving there wasn't such a bad choice after all.
I love fall-themed books, and this one definitely lived up to my expectations. It has romance, ghosts, skeletons, and fast-developing friendships. If you have read the previous books, then you already know some of the entertaining characters.
Kylie was a great addition to the group. I loved how easily she connected with everyone, as well as her love for crime stories. She was very sweet and kind. Erik was a nice fellow as well. He was protective and supportive, and I liked that their relationship developed at a steady pace.
My favorite parts were the haunting scenes and the local story. I really enjoyed the cozy fall atmosphere mixed with the paranormal elements, and it made the book a fun and entertaining read.
If you like cozy fall romances with a hint of paranormal, then this one is for you! 🍂👻❤️

0 Σχόλια