Review: Sour Notes by Canea Cox


 Note to self:

Don’t fake date your ridiculously hot best-friend-slash-roommate if you’re not prepared to accidentally ride him like a pony in paradise.

Which is why telling our families that Swayze Wolff and I are dating is easily my dumbest idea yet.

But with a toxic ex waiting at my twin brother’s destination wedding, and months of online dating resulting in nothing but unsolicited d*ck pics with a side of shriveled nut sacks…
what choice do I have?

FML.

We’re forced to go from estranged BFF’s who only communicate via snarky post-it notes to hopelessly devoted in a matter of minutes.

Not that it matters. He’s a commitment-phobic police lieutenant and I’m a hot mess who doesn’t do boyfriends, unless they have batteries.

It’s foolproof, right?
Totally the safest option.

Except my “fake boyfriend” is way too real. My family adores him.
My ex loathes him.
And when my boss hands me a buzz-worthy
assignment, guess who volunteers to take notes?
Two weeks in paradise.
One bed.
Zero boundaries.
And suddenly I’m ready to rewrite all the rules.

But last time I believed in a fairytale, I got trapped in a nightmare, and that’s one chapter I don’t plan on rereading.

My opinion:
ARC Review

Sour Notes by Canea Cox is the second book in the If You Dare series.

Mia and Swayze had been roommates ever since she dumped her cheating ex. Swayze is her twin brother's best friend, and they have been friends for years. The problem? Swayze has been in love with Mia for years but never said anything until the night they slept together.

Since Swayze is known as Deputy Heartthrob, Mia doesn't believe that he actually wants to date her. So, Swayze decides to change his ways for her and goes on a sex ban to prove that he can be loyal. But Mia's ex did a lot of damage to her confidence, and breaking down her walls isn't going to be easy. His last chance to prove himself comes at her brother's wedding.

Fake dating romance tropes are my weakness, and this one is definitely climbing to the top of my list! Brother's best friend, he falls first, forced proximity, one bed... all the delicious tropes packed into one wonderful story.

I loved the dual POV and the combination of lighthearted moments with emotional depth. The characters were amazing, and I really enjoyed watching their relationship develop.

Swayze was the perfect mix of sexy and protective, while also being incredibly sweet and caring. Mia was feisty and fun, but her struggles with self-esteem made her character feel even more relatable. With the help of her friends and Swayze, she went through so much growth by the end of the story, and I loved seeing her finally believe in herself again.

Some of my favorite parts were the airport scene and the face-off with her ex. 👀

If you love spicy fake dating romance with a brother's best friend, forced proximity, and a hero who falls first, don't miss this one!

Δημοσίευση σχολίου

0 Σχόλια