Come back (Dirty Dark and Deadly #2) by J.A.Huss

                                                                   Description:
 "Secrets keep the darkness alive," Harper tells me. But that's not how I see it at all. Secrets keep me alive, the truth is overrated, honesty is never the best policy, and when your job title is Assassin Number Six--lies are your lifeblood.

"Death is a business deal," I tell her back. And I shake his hand with secrets every chance I get. They're currency in my world. I pay my debts with them, I feed on them, they ground me in the present and they promise me a future.

But Harper Tate is everything I've ever wanted. She's my promise, she's my obsession, she's a delicious fuckable transgression. She can be mine. She will be mine. All I have to do is complete the mission.

There's just one teeny, tiny problem with the mission.

It's a secret.


                                                              My opinion:
  James had a mission to complete, he had to deliver a package which actually was an assassin kid. He liked the little girl and wanted to help her. Turns out that he's been set up, someone is coming after Harper and he doesn't like that. Harper after spending some time to James's house  finds out that they have met in the past. Whatever Harper found in his house set her off and now James had some explaining to do. He did and he asked her to trust him. She couldn't trust him and
the little kid they had with them wasn't helping at all. The company wanted James to finish the job, so he had to lie to Harper to do that but he didn't like it. James decided that he would keep all three of them alive and go against to the company's will, he wanted a normal life with Harper and he would do anything to succeed it.


Another cliffhanger... I had too many questions from the book one, some of those are answered in this book. It has alot of action, murders, kidnapping and a few sexy moments. I love how James even if he is a killer he has feelings for a woman and for a kid. The characters in this series are very complicated, the one moment seem to be normal people and the next acting like crazy killers. It confuses me so much. Waiting for the third and i hope last part.




My favourite lines:
 1)“Hold still, Assassin Smurf,”

2)Because if I stop right now, I’ll snap her little Smurf neck and leave her body in the desert.


3)“I want you. I’m going to touch you. I’m not fighting with you anymore. It’s a waste of time.
I’m going to fuck the shit out of you right here, right now. In this goddamned desert shithole bathroom even though you deserve to be fucked on a tropical beach or somewhere with a mountain view, or, hell, even the goddamned Hummer would be better than right here.


4)“If you try and explain what took you so long, I will plug my ears and sing la-la-la. So just don’t.”
    “Finally,” James says as he starts the Hummer and puts it in gear. “I have a way to render the
Smurf speechless.”



You can buy it on Amazon:
                                                                     come back
 

Δημοσίευση σχολίου

0 Σχόλια