No More Masquerade (Secret of Stone #2) by Angel Payne and Victoria Blue

                                                                Description:
Behind every good man…is the love of an even better woman. 
Those were just pretty words before I met Claire Montgomery. Before my fairy queen burst into my life, I didn’t recognize the bastard in my morning mirror—but her love has given me the strength to face the impostor, even embrace him. My tower in the clouds is no longer a sentence of isolation; it’s a jumping point to the stars. With Claire at my side, I’m the king I always wanted to be, the Killian Stone I always dreamed of becoming. 

Which means for once, I want the mask guarding my secret to stay right where it is. 

If you want the grown-up fairy tale…learn to love the dark side. 
Profound sentiment. Wish I could get on board with it but the prince in pinstripes has other ideas. Life has been a dream since Killian burst into the ball offering the perfect fit—his heart and mine, not the shoes, the car or the jewelry—but the treasures have become his armor, hiding the man I yearn to know. I refuse to open his little velvet box until he opens himself, letting me see even the dark hallways of his soul… 

Until he lifts all his masks for me. 

Master of the masquerade… 
Fate has always bowed to my bidding. I should have known it was just picking its time to exact the best revenge, to reveal the secrets that will destroy everything. Without my disguise, am I still the man Claire fell in love with…or another penniless prince vying for an unattainable dream? 

Mistress of his ruin? 
He always told me to be careful what I wish for. By demanding his truth, have I not only demolished the dream we had…but the man I’ve loved more than any other?

                                           My opinion:
Claire is now known as  Killian's girlfriend and all the paparazzi are after her. They might not live together yet but they are happy. After a while they both
realise how much they miss each other and one weekend isn't enough to be together, that's when Kil lets the inner caveman out and tells her how things are going to be from now on. His surprise trip was the best gift for both of them, they get to spend many days alone. Claire was the happiest woman on earth but the  fact that she didn't know Kil's secret was starting to bother her more and more. Killian was trying to avoid revealing his secret but the result was not one to be proud of, he made things much worst between him and his fairy. His "beloved" brother Trey added one more problem to him by acting stupid again. A terrible accident changed Killian's life and made him tell everything to Claire. Another surprise was in  line for the Stone family. Trey's jealousy ruined everything, he let the world know the family's biggest secret. Everyone treated Killian as a parasite which made him question himself and take some bad decisions. He disappeard leaving behind Claire, who was a mess. Many months later,Margaux was the one who shook him up and showed him that what he was doing was stupid. In the end he and Claire were together and happy but Kil was now a different man, more happy, fun and carefree.




This book has an intense and amazing storyline, it's like a rollercoaster. It has lots of drama and hot erotic scenes. It's a bit different from the first book
since this one is all about what's hidden behind the mask and how the main characters surviving after the chaos. Many secrets have been revealed that changed many lives. In this book the roles have changed, now Claire is the one that's do the chasing and Killian is the one who's running. The last one has changed alot, he had his ups and downs but in the end he became a better person. I liked the fact that Claire never gave up on him and after everything he had done to her she was still supporting and loving him. The evil  character is now Trey and Margaux is the good one {i did not see that coming}.


My favourite lines:
1)Why the hell was I goading him? You know damn well why. He soaks your panties when he’s in prowling panther mode, that’s why.


2)“You look like a fairy princess, baby…but you’re begging for sin like a naughty little sex demon.” 


You can buy it on Amazon:
                               No More Masquerade

Δημοσίευση σχολίου

0 Σχόλια