Take ( Scars of the Wraiths) by Nashoda Rose

                                                                 Description:
MAX

Feelings are a luxury I can’t afford. Hidden behind a shield of quiet placidity, I keep my secret safe from those who’d use it against me. Until him—the tatted up, self-centered Scar assassin hired to protect me.

He takes pleasure in tormenting me, chipping away at my defenses as if I’m a toy to be played with. I hate that he continuously reminds me that I’m nothing more than a job. I hate that my body responds to his touch. I hate him.

JASPER

I’m not a good guy and I don’t pretend to be. Condemn me if you want, I don’t give a fuck. You’re nothing to me. No one is … except her—Max. She’s my target. And I was hired to do a hell of a lot more than protect her … I was hired to kill her.
It should’ve been simple, but it was complicated as hell.


                                                                   My opinion:
Jasper cared about a girl but she was taken by the vampires since he didn't tell them what they wanted. He went crazy after that, he felt guilty because he wasn't strong enough to save her. That's why he turned into a heartless assasin. Breanna/Max  was taken from her family when she was only ten years old. She lived with her captor,Drake, until Xamien saved her, now she was living with him. All these years she was trying to keep a secret that could cost her life. Lately she had nightmares reminding her what had happened back then. One night she woke up from a nightmare and the rogue Scar,Jasper, came to her. They had an intense conversation and then he disappeared for weeks. Months later he came to take her away claiming that he had a mission to save her. Truth was that he was hired to kill her but there was a little problem, Jasper was lusting after her since the moment he met her. While he was getting her somewhere safe,  he was also descovering that she was a feisty girl with a painful past and he wanted to know about it. After a few days they met with two other Scars who told them who was after her, and it was the one who she was most afraid of, Drake. Jasper cared too much for her so he went after Drake. His plan didn't work and both he and Max almost ended up dead.



It's a nice paranormal story about two damaged Scars. It gives information about the two main characters' backgrounds as an explanation to why they were like that. But the story is about a small period of time, to which Max is hunted and tried to be protected. It also describes how they both fell in love with each other within this chaos. I liked that in the book there is glossary of terms which helps in understanding what you're reading. Now about the characters: Max may seemed fragile and shy but she was hiding a fighter inside her. She lost the people she loved and was tortured to the point that left her dead inside. Jasper was sexy, arrogant, bossy and ready to fight to death for those who cared. His story was similar to hers, he also lost a person he loved, he was tortured and then became another person because he couldn't live something like that again.


You can buy it on Amazon:
                                              Take

Δημοσίευση σχολίου

0 Σχόλια