Pennies (Dollar #1) by Pepper Winters

                                                               Description:
“At 18 I had pennies, but money didn’t make me bold. At 19 I had dollars, but it didn’t dull the pain of being sold. At 20 I had hundreds, but then I met him and was found. At 21 I had thousands, but all I wanted was to be bound.”

“At 23 I had dollars, but life changed and made me rich. At 25 I had hundreds, but it wasn’t enough to stop my killing itch. At 27 I had thousands, but my reputation didn’t set me free. At 29 I had millions, but I met her and could finally see.”

Tasmin was killed on her 18th birthday. She had everything planned out. A psychology degree, a mother who pushed her to greatness, and a future anyone would die for. But then her murderer saved her life, only to sell her into a totally different existence.

Elder went from penniless to stinking rich with one twist of fate. His lifetime of crime and shadows of thievery are behind him but no matter the power he now wields, it’s not enough. He has an agenda to fulfill and he won’t stop until it’s complete.

But then they meet.

A beaten slave and a richly dressed thief. Money is what guided their separate fates. Money is what brought them together. And money is ultimately what destroys them.

She was poor.
He was rich.
Together…they were bankrupt.

                                                My opinion:
Tasmin was a simple girl with ideals and dreams, then one night she lost everything and became Pimlico the mute slave. The man who bought her, Alrik, was a monster. In her first year with him she was violated, beaten, raped but she didn't stop fighting for her freedom. Over the next year, he tried to break her with every possible way but he only succeeded in making her smarter and stronger. In their two-year anniversary he brought a special guest, Elder Prest. After everything that had happened to her it was the first time she didn't fear a man and  her instinct drew her to him. Elder wasn't a nice man, for years he had shut down his feelings but he was very intrigued by the silent girl and hated what Alrik did to her. He tried to forget her but when he didn't manage that he tried to get her out of his mind by spending a night with her. He failed and made Alrik furious, for one more time she would pay the price. This time, her punishment was going to be the worst, she hoped that he would come back to save her when she lost hope and accepted what was going to happen he came for her.



It's a dark novel with not an ounce of love in it, just horrendous scenes of physical abuse. Even though the storyline seems to be simple the two main characters are complicated and that's what makes it interesting. From one hand, we have a girl who is fighting for her life and her freedom but refuses to give the ultimate power to her captor, even after all the abuse she has endured by him. From the other hand, we have a man, a thief, a killer who has no emotions but he seems to care about this girl. These two very different people meet under some awful circumstances and are drawn to each other for some incomprehensible reason.

You can buy it from Amazon:
                                  Pennies

Δημοσίευση σχολίου

0 Σχόλια