Empire (Eagle Elite #7) by Rachel Van Dyken

                                                              Description:
I have lost everything. 
My purpose. 
My love. 
My soul. 
Death knocks on my door, I want to answer, but every time I reach for the handle--the promise I made her, brings me back. 
So I breathe. 
I live. 
I hate. 
And I allow the anger to boil beneath the surface of a perfectly indifferent facade. 
I am broken, I dont want to be fixed. 
One last trip to New York, one last chance to redeem a lost part of the mafia family. The Empire is crumbling and it's my job to fix it, my job to mend the pieces that were scattered over thirty years ago. 
The only issue is, the only way to fix, is to do something I swore I'd never do again. 
An arranged marriage. 
Only this time. 
I won't fall. 
Or so help me God, I'll kill her myself. 
My name is Sergio Abandanoto, you think you know my pain, my suffering, my anger, my hate--you have no idea. 
I am the mafia. 
I am the darkness. 
Blood in. No out.


                                                    My opinion:

Two months had passed since Andi's death and Sergio was still struggling. He stopped living, he simply existed. Frank took Sergio and they went to New York to meet with the family and the twins, Dante and Valentina. Valentina had received a very strange letter that talked about a beast/prince with no flaws. Their first meeting was very eventful. The next day he offered to kill her, classic Sergio move before the wedding. Val was a lot like Andi so she was going to make the best of the situation she was in. Someone was threating to kill the twins, so the whole squad came to New York to help. As the wedding day was approaching Valentina was learning more about her new life and her future in this arranged marriage. It was nothing like she imagined it to be, there were still people who wanted her dead and she had a husband who was ignoring her. She felt so alone. Sergio was taught by his young and innocent wife that in order to move on he didn't have to replace Andi but to let Val join in. By doing that they were finally both happy.


This is the continuation of Sergio's story. In this book, he finally met the girl who was destined to be his wife. There are many similarities with the previous book. Sergio's character is still the same but he is sadder. Val is the exact opposite of Andi, she is innocent, romantic, kind, smart their one similarity is that they both didn't give up on him. We get to learn the background of their love story and a few snippets of the new book. All in all, it's a great book with a happy ending.


You can buy it from Amazon:
                                     Empire

Δημοσίευση σχολίου

0 Σχόλια