Starr Media Second-Assistant Survival Guide
1. Don't call your hot boss the antichrist to his face.
2. Don't stare at hot boss's, um, package or his full sleeve of tattoos. (No. Really. Stop!)
3. Don't get on the malicious first assistant's bad side.
4. Don't forget to memorize the 300-page employee manual.
5. If you value your cashmere, steer clear of boss’s dog.
6. Boss’s dimples are lust-inducing. Do. Not. Give. In.
7. “The elevator ate your clothes” is not a valid excuse for showing up to important meetings half dressed.
8. Don't break seven of the rules within the first week of employment if you, ya know, are in dire need of money to support your sick mom.
9. Whatever you do, don’t fall for the boss. See rule eight about sick mom.
10. Never forget the rules.
Lainey was hired to be the second assistant of Brogan Starr. She had to learn the Employee Manual the first two days so she wouldn't jeopardise her position in the company. It wasn't easy to work with someone who tried to sabotage her but after two weeks she still had her position. Every time she met the boss her mouth wasn't cooperating with her brain, and she started having dirty thoughts about him, definitely a dangerous zone. It was getting more dangerous by the day since they were both attracted to each other. One good thing that happened was that Brogan finally gave her a very important client so she could prove her value. They decided that having a secret fling was a smart idea that could help both of them. It worked for a while but Brogan's attitude and problems destroyed everything. He soon regretted his words and made it up to her. Those were the best days of their lives. Until shit hit the fan and he sent her packing. It was the biggest mistake of his life but he managed to get her back with a very good proposition.
It was a very funny, witty story with two very different people. This must be the only one book that i liked the female character more than the male. Brogan might be sexy as hell, a good businessman, funny and sweet but he was a total asshole in his personal life when someone was trying to break his walls. Lainey was a very strong-willed woman, with a smart mouth, kind, loving, friendly and caring. She was brilliant at her job and she proved it many times. The story was very simple and focused on some specific areas, such as the work and their attraction/love. The smart lines were my favourite part of the book. In general was a nice, but i would have liked a few more one to one scenes between them.
Some of my favourite lines:
1) “The rule breaker is opting for rules? I think I’m having a stroke over here.”
2)Boom. RIP ovaries, it was nice knowing you.
You can buy it from Amazon: