Ten Steps to Surviving a New Job:
1. Don’t sleep with the client. It’ll get you fired. (Sounds easy enough.)
2. Don’t blink when new client turns out to be former one-night stand.
3. Don’t call same client a jerk for never texting you back.
4. Don’t believe client when he says he really, really wanted to call.
5. Remember, the client is always right—so you can’t junk punch him when he demands new design after new design.
6. Ignore accelerated heartbeat every time sexy client walks into room.
7. Definitely ignore client’s large hands. They just mean he wears big gloves.
8. Don’t let client’s charm wear you down. Be strong.
9. Whatever you do, don’t fall for the client. You’ll lose more than your job—maybe even your heart.
10. If all else fails, see rule number one again.
Jason Covington wanted to hire Zoey to renovate one of his resorts. When she went to check the place Jason sent his brother Ryder to help her, and it was going to be awkward since she had slept with him. They stuck there together due to the bad weather. She wanted to murder him for the way he treated her and he knew that he deserved it. On Monday she was supposed to meet with Jason for the job but the plans changed and she was forced to work with Ryder. It was going to be hard for them to work together on this since the attraction was still there. Ryder couldn't keep her out of his mind, one night with her wasn't enough. He wanted to convince her to give him another chance. Zoey had a lot to lose if she agreed and the whole thing failed again. They tried it and it was working great between them until his grandparents got in the way. But Ryder acted quickly and saved the day. In the end, he got the girl and a great career choice.
I liked this one a lot. It was funny, sweet and romantic. Many smart lines and awkward situations like the previous book. Thankfully in this one, the male character wasn't fucking up as Brogan did. Zoey was a smart woman who lived by some specific rules, she was funny, driven and wasn't one to back down from a challenge. Ryder was a laid back guy, very handsome for his own good, who sucked in relationships. Together they were perfect, they could see through each other. A nice light read for those who like chick lit books.
Some lines i liked:
1)But if you touch anywhere besides clothed areas I’m going to put my stiletto through your skull, capisce?”
2)like your scent calls to me more than a Cinnabon kiosk at the mall—oh, and hey, can we, um, fix the four-month dry spell you’ve caused? K, thanks, bye.
3)Your body is a crime scene. Slap on the caution tape, close that shit up for business. I liked to get creative with my inner mantras.
4)He tapped you harder than a fraternity kegger and fled before he could even warm the other side of your bed.
You can buy it from Amazon: