Dominic (Benedetti Brothers #2) by Natasha Knight



                                     
                                                              Description:
Dominic

I was the boy who would never be king. The monster who could never be loved.

Gia was just a job. Just another girl caught in a world of monsters.

It didn’t matter that I liked the look of her.
I didn’t care that she cringed when she saw my soul.
I liked it.
I liked her fear.
And I wanted her.

Monsters didn’t get to live happily ever after, though. I knew one day I’d have to go back. Because time neither forgave nor forgot.

And neither did I.

Old debts needed to be settled. Enemies punished. It was past time I returned to the family business. I’d been gone far too long.



Gia

All my life, I believed in fairy tales. Not the Disney kind. Never those. I always knew life was darker than that.

I was the daughter of a foot soldier. The sister of a snitch. A nobody.

Monsters had been part of my life for as long as I could remember, but none as dark as Dominic Benedetti. None as cruel. None as broken.

I had no illusions about what he was. I had no desire to save his soul. And I couldn’t care about his bleeding heart.

But love isn’t always beautiful. It could be a twisted, ugly bitch.

I’d always known this was the kind I’d find. The only kind that could touch me.

Because some of us, we belonged in the dark.
And Dominic and I belonged in the dark.




My opinion:
Since Dominic found out that he wasn't a Benedetti and he would never be the king he found something else to do. Something that suited the monster he truly was. He was training captured females to be slaves. His current girl was Gia, she was a fighter. He knew her name but wanted to learn more about her. Gia was trying to find a way to escape but he was so much faster and stronger. Dominic was attracted to her which distracted him from his job and he hated that. A few days later he found out some shocking news that made him change his mind about this job. A dead man and a living girl shared the same brand, one that he knew very well. He had to find out who was hiding behind this and he was going to use anyone and anything he could. Gia and Dominic shared the hatred for the same enemy, it was one of the things that brought them closer along with their dark sexual attraction. With the help of Franco's allies, they dealt with every single one of their enemies. Gia got revenge for her brother's death. Dominic was finally given what he wanted all his life, with the added bonus of his new queen.




It's so much darker than the previous book. It contains some very disturbing scenes, abduction, torturing, killing. The romance comes at the very end. There are a lot of emotions in this book: anger, grief, regret... All of the sexual scenes are on the first part of the book and they all are dark and raw. Both main characters were drawn by the darkness, on different levels and with different ways. They were both born in the same world and both had witnessed its ugliness. Gia was an innocent girl who since a young age was attracted by the monsters since she only saw their good side. She was strong, a true fighter, her fear didn't stop her from getting what she wanted. Dominic in this book was lost, he had embraced his darkness and found light through Gia. He found his life purpose when he accepted who he truly was. A monster who turned out to be a king. It's a very intense and dark story that will not disappoint you.


You can buy it from Amazon:

Δημοσίευση σχολίου

0 Σχόλια